please give me advice? Should i take him in?

For the last week my son has had a fever twice been fussier than usual, and spitting up a lot more than usual. I took him to the doc on thursday and they said he was fine. He has slept a lot today. He woke up and ate at 7:30 then went back to sleep until 11. He ate again. And an hour in a half after he ate ate least half of his bottle came back up and all over him and me. And then ten min later while I was cleaning him up I had him on the floor getting him dressed and it happened again and went all over his face in a sec before I even got to pick him up. Hes fussy unless im holding him and just fell asleep again. Should I call off and take him to the er to make sure its ok???? I dont think he has a fever. He was moving to much but dont think he does. Or should I just go to work. I have to leave for work in an hour. Idk what to do??? Please help.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 1:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call off work and stay with him if there is no fever. He may have a stomach flu. But you should stay with him today so that you can keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get a fever.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I would call his pediatric (most of them have on-call doctors during the weekend to answer urgent questions) and see what he/she says. If the doctor recommends ER, then go to the ER. If you cannot get ahold of his doctor, I'd take him to a walk-in clinic/urgent care. It's quicker than the ER and they provide similiar level of care for non-emergent cases. Regardless, I'd take some time off work and keep an eye on him. You know when something is not normal, and it's best to have the kids checked out when things don't seem normal. Better safe than sorry.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I would think he is okay. My son went through that a time or two, but if it makes you feel better to stay at home then I would. I don't think the dr is necessary unless he has fever or other symtoms.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't go to work but i wouldn't take him to the ER either. Keep an eye on him and make sure he is not getting dehydrated.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009