Does the mucus plug smell?

I've been slowly losing my mucus plug over the last few days. It was tinged with brownish blood in the beginning, but now it's just like some light discharge. The thing is, it smells weird. Could this still be the plug? I'm worried it's amniotic fluid (even though it's not very watery). I'm supposed to go to the hospital as soon as I have any labor signs, as I have a medical problem. I'm 38 wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Amniotic fluid and your mucous plug should have no smell. I would contact your dr and find out what they think.
    coala

Answer by coala at 2:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• idk if it does i do know tho my dr said if it ever smells to let them know right away if you are worried it is fluid i would go get checked better safe then sorry right ... good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• In my situation- it didn't smell. When in doubt always head to the ER or L&D. Good luck!
    azn_ladie82

Answer by azn_ladie82 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My Dr. told me that the amniotice fluid actually smells like bleach/chlorine.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i would call your doctor ASAP
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009