How would you handle this?

My SO has a friend who is coming into town to stay for a few days. I didn't find out until Tuesday that he was coming this weekend. Last night when I got home I found that he will be here for a week. This house guest is a mess and sleep on my living room floor. He is really nice, but after a few days I feel that he has worn out his welcome. How would you handle this when speaking to this person. I don't think that this is my SO's fault. He just asked his friend how long he was going to be in town. I feel that it is kind of rude to expect to stay here an entire week.

coala

Asked by coala at 2:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• this is up to your SO to handle since it is his friend, anything you say will come across wrong. Tell SO he needs to tell his friend he can stay X many nites and thats it and let him handle it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think it all should have been worked out before he even headed your way and you should have been in on the planning.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It's a week out of your life....get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• All I can think of is that you will know for next time to get all the details and lay out the expectation in advance!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009