Strollers are confining and degrading.

I don't understand how come mothers need to use strollers for their kids. Poor kids are strapped in 5 different ways, can't explore, can't get any exercise, can barely move enough to reach their little snack and juice cup on the tray. And half the time that stupid canopy is pulled so far forward they can't even see around it so their whole view is straight ahead. How Boring!!

Holding hands is not much better. Poor kid has their arm straining up as they are dragged along by mom, unable to look around or bend down and explore. How Awful!!

Those parents who really keep an eye on their kids use harnesses. The kids can reach and explore, run and get some exercise. Kids need to be watched more since they can get to things easier, but that's our job as parents - to watch our kids while still allowing them the freedom to explore their world.

dottieanna29

Asked by dottieanna29 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I got a stroller at my baby shower and probably used it 3 times total.. it's bulky, heavy, and my daughter layed so far back in it, she had a hard time seeing what was happening! So we took her around in the hiking backpack instead, she loved it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i use a stroller for my baby who cant walk yet, but we let our 2 year old walk and run all the time!!! :)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• This was a semi-sarcastic response to the leashes question. I'm curious to see what kind of responses come. :-)
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i personally think leashes are for dogs not your children but what ever floats your boat i dont see why people need to bash what another parent does its their child not yours and there is nothing wrong or abusive about storllers so no need to bash about them but just like there is nothing wrong with a leash so no need to bash about those parents fo things diff why get upset at what someone else does
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i use a stroller because my DD cant walk yet. im sorry IMO the leashes are horrible, i feel like the children look like dogs
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 2:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I read this and thought"oh no please let this be sarcasm" lol.it is funny to see how many responded without reading allll the previous responses hee hee...sneaker.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well, im not tring to be mean in any way but some people like my self cant bend down and hold my sons hand while he walks, i have just had 2 major surgery and have to use a stroller to push him, he weighs 30lbs and there is no way i can lift that kind of weight right now..... Although i do not have my son in the 5 point harness anymore because he sits still in his stroller and is very good...... every mother has there own reasons for using one but personally about the leash i think it is mean and crul to children
    Anonymous

• our children are not dogs lady...i cant stand people who use leashes me and my husband think that is just cruelty...my son loves his stroller and if he doesnt want to sit in it than he can walk. If your against people who use strollers than your against 98% of moms.. get over yourself.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• What a stupid post! Every parent does what works best for their family/children...Let's just leave it at that!!!
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 2:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i use both..lol. my son is 21 months. i usually let him walk freely...but if i am walking (like long walk, exercise or something) then he is in stroller, there is no canopy so he can look where ever he wants..and he likes to be pushed. and i also use the "leash" if we are at soccer games or something. so i can still take him around and let him explore..but if i don't have him restrained...he runs onto the field..usually before i can catch him, cause he wants to play with his sister..lol. i think using both or neither is ok...it is a personal preference...
    butterfly-jo

Answer by butterfly-jo at 2:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2009