Little Cusser!

Any ideas on how to get a two year old to stop saying dirty words. He uses damn and shit frequently. We dont use these words because we didnt want him to pick them up! so hes heard them from tv or friends/family. Please help! I cant seen to get these words out of his mouth!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ignore them, if you are making a big deal out of it he is getting attention for using them even though it is negative attention when he says them there is a big deal about it.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Dont say them around him casue he will want to say anything that he hears, and if they arent said in ur house where ever he is hearing it from they need to stop saying htme as well
    Anonymous

• Icnore them and he will stop. Also make sure you tell your family and friends not to cuss in front of him. He doesn't know these words are bad. If you make a big deal out of it he will continue saying them.
    Anonymous

• you could tell him if did say those words, he will get a reward at the end of the day.
    cocoa555

Answer by cocoa555 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'd say try ignoring the behavior. If ignoring it doesn't work start using words like Darn and Opps where he normally is trying to use potty words. My son said Damn a lot due to it being in a movie and now uses darn instead.
    Charlies_mommy

Answer by Charlies_mommy at 5:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm def not rewarding him for not saying something he didnt need to be saying in the first place!
    Anonymous