Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my hubby has children in massachusetts. the grand mother has them. we dont know her new married name or how to find them...any one know how i can help him locate his children?

hubby want to find his children. he was in the pen for drugs. the mother also lost custody. mothers mother (grandma) has had custody. hubby has got himself together & wants to see the children. he wants his rights for visitation & child support. how would we go about finding these kids. Grandmother has a new name & mother of children isnt in contact. really dont want to open that can of worms if we dont have to...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Privater investagater. You can search for people on line for a price.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • Call a lawyer. There is the possibility his parental rights were revoked when he went to prison. A lawyer can help figure things out for him.

    Answer by Madge1428 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • Do the children have your husbands last name?If they do you might be able to find them through the school system, but it is best to do this through a lawyer as you don't want to cause any harm or trauma to these kids.

    Answer by BooBear666 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • you could take what information you have and take to a private investigator.

    Answer by cocoa555 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • he should be able to obtain their social security numbers, or at least their birth certificates from the town they were born in to use these as a start to his search. but yah, contact a lawyer for this, there is no reason why he cant have contact with his children, unless he signed them away. if hes searching he must know he didnt do that. im suprised he was contacted once the mom lost custody.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

  • Perhaps his children are happy and in a stable and loving home! How long was your husband in prison? Do the children even KNOW who he is? Would reintroducing himself to them cause all kinds of unnecessary drama? Perhaps his ex-MIL changed her name and moved to protect the children.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.