How can I stop diarrhea ? without taking something else?

yesterday i couldnt have a bowel movement and it was nearly two days so I took correctol at 8pm ... then before i knew it , it was 8am the next morning and i thought it wasnt working so I took another one, well obvisously it WAS working because within 2 mins of taking the 2nd one i was having really watery /bad diarrhea . now i can't go away from the toilet for more then 5-10 mins.. whatever i eat or drink goes thru me. when should i expect this to wear off? i realize that it says can take up to 12 hrs to work so that will be like 11pm tonight and into the moring ill probably be having this. will it be safe to have all that time? should i be calling a doctor if it doesnt slow down or is there ANYTHING i can eat that will slow it down a bit? i cant get anything done like this; my head feels funny from it :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

• Cheese or bananas. Those are usually kind of binding.
    Anonymous

• When I have diarrhea, like that I just stop eating..But you need to drink water to keep hydrated.

Answer by louise2 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Eat anything binding like bananas, rice, pasta anything with lots of carbs might help slow down the diarrhea. Next time just use prune juice to ease constipation.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009