just a hypothetical question

well i have a VERY overactive imagination and i like to make things up and i was making up in my head running away and then the cops would somehow find me and force me to come home, but they cant do that right? if im an adult? like pretend i ran away and brought my son would they make me come home? or if i ran away without him could they? im not really going to do this i just make up situations in my head!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 3:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• not true..... if you take your child away and not tell the other parent it is parental kidnapping and you can and will get into alot of trouble.... speaking from experience, my husbands ex did it, wasn't pretty in the end... well for her it wasn't. It was stupid thing to do on her part.
    MrsG423

Answer by MrsG423 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• lol as far as I know no they CANNOT make you go home since your an adult
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• they can only arrest you if someone files a police report claiming you were "kidnapped". but no, they can't drag you kicking and screaming back to your house :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 3:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• well if i brought the baby they could make me go home right? since im married to his father? lol i know i sound weird but well... i am! lol and i think about weird things
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• lol no they couldnt make you go home but in soem states they could take your child and take him home lol you sound like me tho lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• they may charge you with kidnapping then if he wanted the baby back
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• If you,with out the baby left(ran away). NO they can not make you come back. But now taking your son with you. They might (depending on your  sercomstanses). They might bring the baby back and put you in jail for kidnapping.

Answer by louise2 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• no one can MAKE you do anything. As long as you are of age.. 18 in most states... you make your own choices... but you get to face what comes in the after math
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 3:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• If you ran away with your son they can't make you come back but legally since you are still married and DH has rights to your DS they can make you give him back
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• you cant kiddnap your own child unless you are by law not able be have contact with the child for the safely of the child or yourself...
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 3:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009