What motivates you to lose weight?

I just weighed myself and OMG! I need some ideas to help motivate me. What are yours?

SyndiB

Asked by SyndiB at 3:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My one and only reason is for my health. I have limited mobility due to an arthritic spine (and all that goes with that). Any extra weight limits the mobility and is too painful for the joints to carry. I also have a picky way of eating too. I've never dieted to look a certain way, or for someone else's pleasure. Always have yourself and your health be the focus.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Living to see my grand-kids kids. Even though I'm only 8 months. But, whatever.
    iloveRiver

Answer by iloveRiver at 4:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I promised myself that if i lost the 20lbs i would get myself a stylish haircut. maybe u should promise urself a little reward, U know there something waiting for u after all ur hard work
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 6:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• When I see other successful/beautiful/smart/fit women, I always want to bust out a treadmill..

And when I see the cellulite developing in my butt/thighs...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I just received motivation from my doctor. I have hypertension and my cholesterol is really high. So she told me to lose 20 lbs and put me on a diet plan as well as a plan for exercise. Until now it has been really hard for me to motivate myself even when I knew I was overweight. Now I'm looking at my size 6 swimsuit from 3 years ago and using that as a secondary motivation. ^.^

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• weighing myself everyday. When I see the pounds come off, it makes me workout harder to lose more and more. . now I've lost 20 and seeing myself fit into smaller clothes is awesome : )
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• btw I work out alot, too...probably too much. I worked out 3 times yesterday and twice today,
    babycakes254

• what motivated me was God and my hubby couldnt do it without them I still have weight to loss but you also have to think about your health do you want to live a long life? Thats how I look at it I want to be healthy for my family
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:41 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I got a Belly Ring! I am middle-aged and do not walk around with midriff tops or low rider jeans, but my belly ring was my promise to not get any bigger than the size I was. It is working well.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 1:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I am planning on running my first 5k in May. Losing the weight and getting in shape our at the top of my list right now! Also knowing that summer is around the corner and I have not felt good in a bathing suit for years

determind

Answer by determind at 11:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009