To those who supported Bush... ?

Recently the Obama Administration followed the Bush Administration's lead regarding wiretapping without a warrant.
"The decision by the three-judge appeals panel is a setback for the new Obama administration as it adopts some of the same positions on national security and secrecy as the Bush administration."

If you were a Bush supporter then what do you think of this? Does it make you like him more or less? Or, if you are/were an Obama supporter, what do you think about him adopting Bush's policies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have a problem with wiretapping in and of itself, I have a problem with allowing the govt to do it w/o a warrant. The FISA laws were put in place for a reason.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Anonymous

• So what is the next question going to be... "FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED CARTER"?????
    Anonymous

• I didnt support busch, and I dont support obama either!!
    Anonymous

• Answered at 3:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 by: Anonymous
    So what is the next question going to be... "FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SUPPORTED CARTER"?????

Well, Anon, the question directly relates to Bush's policy that is why I phrased it that way.
    Don't get your panties all in a bunch!
    Anonymous

• It makes me think that he is smart enough to hold onto the policies that will help to keep our country safe (or safer than without these policies). I am not surprised though. I think before he took office he was stating that he would be returning much of the executive powers to the legislative branch, until of course he got his first briefing with Bush. Ever since he hasn't smiled quite as much and has held onto those powers that he said he would be returning. Funny how the safety of a nation can be a weight on your shoulders. 

In short, I didn't support him but his decision to keep these powers doesn't bother me. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think Obama realized the actual truth and importance of many things Bush had put into place during his presidency. Everyone thought the day Obama came into office that he would immediately withdraw the troops from Iraq...although he is planning to withdraw them...he realized that an immediate withdrawl was just not possible or the right decision. As for the wire tapping goes, I support this and think it is vital for National Security purposes. People forget that the only conversations that are listened to and followed up on are those that pose a threat to the security of the United States and the ones that have a terrorist nature about them. I do think this is a good decision by the Obama administration and although I am not a supporter of Obama, I have not been diappointed with any of his decisions so far.
    Anonymous

• It makes me think that perhaps the program has worked in some way by preventing further attacks. The appeals panel was obviously given evidence to warrant continued support of this program.
    ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 3:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It only reinforces the belief that I have that Obama stole from Previous Presidents what was monumental or what worked for them. He stole from Lincoln, Carter, and Dubya, and Clinton. I have yet to see much of anything that is Obamafied or original. Most of his recent speeches have been almost word for word Carter's or Bush's. He has been accused of Plagiarisms in the past right?

akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I agree akin.....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009