When your Kids constantly . have to Sell Something for School Annoying?

In the past month between both my girls, theyve brought order forms home for cookie dough, popcorn, cookies, etc. Geesh. I feel a little embarassed bugging the neighbors every time they have something to sell.

Now my oldest brought home a big box of Fannie Mae candy bars of all sorts. Ugh! She was told if she sold all 60 by monday she's be entered into a drawing for $50.

Stop the insanity already!

Do you buy your kid's fundraising food etc? I try to buy at least one if I can, but I cannot always do that.

lilmizmoore1127

Asked by lilmizmoore1127 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• yeah im with you, my mom would bring the forms to work
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• OMG! my husband and I feel the same way~as soon as school starts they don't waste any time getting the kids to sell or buy something. I agree stop the insanity lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes...mostly because they send home the prize book that he will get the things if he sells soo much...lol...ya he will agrue with me for days and tell me no I have to sell that stuff...and its like NOOOO those are prizes you can get for selling stuff...I normally just hide the stuff until the sale is over...
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 3:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• What's worse is when the neighborhood kids try and hit ya up for the same stuff that your own kids are selling! haha.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm with you, except my child's school doesn't even sell stuff. they just ask for monetary donations. They'll do fundraisers like "track attack" and you just ask for money to sponsor your kid. i never do it, cause I hate asking people for money. We usually just donate some ourselves and are done with it. Oh wait, they do sell coupon books for $20 a piece, that are good to use at local restaurants. Then there are other small fundraisers thru out the year, like "bring a donation on hat day and get to wear your favorite ball cap to school"....it gets old. That's for sure.

Anonymous

• I agree~ I feel so bad saying, no thank you my daughters selling the same thing or I just bought a bunch of stuff from my kid(s). Last year we bought alot, but this year we've cut back ALOT!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think that if the state, where I'm at anyways, stops cutting the budget from the schools then they wouldn't have to have fundraisers to raise money for the school. They cut so much from the schools it's ridiculous. I do think that the schools tend to do quite too many of them all at once, but again, I don't think they'd have to do it if the states would stop cutting the budget from our children's education.

Anonymous

• I think they need to ban fund raising.,Here in Florida they don't sell candy bars anymore its just stuff all the time,tshirts,magnets,photo calendars!It never stops.The stuff is crap.I really hate when the popular kids get the high sales and the other kids feel like they can't compete.
    trinity8697

Answer by trinity8697 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It's almost like all the schools do it at the SAME TIME too. I don't mind the whole "Candy bar for a dollar" thing, because it's not hard to sell those. But when you actually have to make orders for it out of a magazine, it's more of a hassle.. and expensive.

Plus these days, you can't let your kids run around the block, knockin' on people's doors by themselves.

I remember when I was little it wasn't such a big deal, because we lived in a nice neighborhood, and my sisters and I would go door to door.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yeah my son entered Pre-K this year, for half a day (he goes from 12:20 to 3 M-F) and on his first day they brought home his first fundraiser. Ridiculous. I only go to my mother-in-law and family and i've skipped two out of three he's brought home so far. The only one i've done is the Easter candy they just finished selling.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 1, 2009