2 ?'s for women with PCOS.....

How likely is it for someone with PCOS to ovulate just 6-8 days from the first day of bleeding (period)? Also is a women with PCOS able to get pregnant on her own if shes had regular periods for the past two months? I have one child who is now two and I believe I had pcos when I concieved him but not 100% positive cause I was never checked for that. I just remember going three months wo a period while we were ttc and I thought I was pregnant but I wasnt and then all the sudden I started having my periods again and then was pregnant three months later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think with pcos you always kinda have it. Most the time you dont ovulate but alot of women do just fine with out any help with doctors. I have known I have had it for the last 5 years. I have only been pregnant once and that endd in a misacarriage. Yeah there is a chance to ovulate only 6 days after cd 1. With that being said you should end up with an early period because you have a period 2 weeks after ovulation.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 4:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Ok thanks, that was very helpful and Im sorry to hear about your misscariage. Dont give up
    Anonymous

• I have PCOS, and was told by my doctor that it would be very hard for me to ever concieve, if I ever did. I dealt with it, and was okay with the thought that I will have to adopt when I want kids. Up until a couple of months ago (with having PCOS) I was on birth control to help regulate my periods and whatnot. Now I can laugh at my doctors, because I am three months pregnant with a healthy baby. I guess I was lucky; the birth control regulated my period enough and weren't full strength and I got pregnant when I didn't think I could. Don't rule it out, it's definitely possible!
    pennyz0nline

Answer by pennyz0nline at 12:06 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have PCOS. even when i would have regular periods I still wasn't able to concieve....about 6 months ago I started taking metformin and I am 3 1/2 months pregnant now....plus the metformin made be feel better...was a little difficult to deal with at first because it did cause diarhea<----sorry if thats TMI...lol but everything was fine about a week into taking it.
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I have had PCOS for five yrs now and it took me 2 yrs to get pregnant with my first child. I lost her at five months due to an incompetent cervix. I was told to wait 6 months before trying again. it tooks us another 1 and a half to get pregnant with my daughter I have now. We are wanting another child but have been trying for 7 months already so I'm not sure what to tell you besides just pray and hope for a miracle....it will happen i don't know when because with the PCOS I didn't ovulate every month and I sometimes go 2 to 5 months without periods. I haven't ask for any meds to help get pregnant because I feel like if its in gods will for me and my husband to conceive we will on our own but you can try taking meds to help you conceive.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 1, 2009