Hicups?

Anything you can do for a bad case of hicups in a 3 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. But in reality the hiccups probably bother you more than your baby. Babies don't really mind them. If they fuss while they have the hiccups the problem is more likely to be that they're tired or hungry. If they're fed and rested they won't even realize they have hiccups.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 4:11 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Gripe water.
    I can't tell you how frustrating the old 'it bothers you more than them" advice was for me. I knew my daughter hated the hiccps before she was born. She would have huge kicking fits when she had them. She certainly wasn't tired or hungry - she wasn't even born! After she was born, it changed to huge screaming and thrashing fits that lasted until the hiccups went away.
    Gripe water was a life saver and got rid of her hiccups every time. Still does at 2.5 years though the hiccups don't bother her any more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• whats "gripe water?" my baby girl gets them all the time and she hates them ( she crys until they stop), i think they actualy hurt her.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 6:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2009