What is your plan out of the Great Depression II ?

Do you and your family have a plan? Do you really have a specific plan outlining what you and your family will do or are doing to get you out of the Great Depression II we are now experiencing? Dave Ramsey recently started telling those who could afford to spend-to start spending again. We as a family have only put one course of action into effect to help stave off any future problems. To reduce the rent on our properties to keep them occupied rather than empty. Some rent is better than no rent was our thought.

akinbottom2

Asked by akinbottom2 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is hardly the great depression 2.

It is not even the worst recession, it is no fun but it is not the end...so to start there and not buy into the "end of the world" hype.

Consumer Confidence is very very important and therefor I 100% agree with Dave Ramsey. If you have the money...NOW is the time to spend it. THAT is the stimulation our economy needs desperately.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 10:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Spend money.Buying a new car.

Anonymous

• Second hand items.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Planting our 'Stimulus Garden' and doing some canning in the fall
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Will you link me to that Dave Ramsey video/article.
    Our plan is to grow a garden and live off of our food storage. We've also got bikes, and extras for everything. :D
    Anonymous

• I'm not doing anything different really, i will spend money if I see something I want or need but I am going to go on living life the way I always have.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• This is nowhere near the level that the great depression was (cant remember the statistics, unfortunately) YET but we are going to be planting a garden, eating more from scratch, building up a nest egg. We buy as we can because we dont want credit cards and try to live a little more simply. I think the worst is yet to come.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• We only have one car payment and it will be paid off next year. I am trying to make double payments to pay it off by spring and allow us even more money to save. Otherwise, We are spending less, saving more, it's become a game to see how much we can save each week. It's funny how you think you are living tight, then you try and save more and realize there is always room to make cute... hrmmm.. If only the government felt that way... They prefer to spend their way out of debt.. Last time I checked, that doesn't work... oh well..

I am into gardening, sewing, etc... My kids are at a cool age to learn things like gardening to add to their chore list for allowance. I do let the kids cut coupons each Sunday and I give them the savings to divide and put into their bank. It's been good, if nothing else, to teach my children the importance of working for their money inlo of expecting it for nothing.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• make cuts.. :o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• We are using cash only or American Express that we pay off monthly.

We'll be planting another garden and stocking up on essentials.

360

Answer by 360 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009