Shhh.. What do you let your kids do that your hubby doesn't know?

lol my 7 month old loves banging our keyboard and my hubby is paranoid about him being around our computer/laptop but seeing how a lot of people who let their babies bang on the keyboard and it doesn't break.. I let him! LOL it's just tooo cute when he gets all excited and those little hands frantically try to mess up everything before someone takes it away. shhh.. don't tell my hubby! what do you secretly let your kids do?

sweetvietchic

Asked by sweetvietchic at 4:33 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• hmmmmmmmm i let justin play with his wallet, he takes dollar bills out and stuffs them in his piggy bank - its cute!
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• lol it'll be funny when your hubby starts asking where all his money is going!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oh the first thing that popped into my head was giving my youngest bigger bites then hubby is comfortable with.

If any of our kids make the slightest coughing noises while eating, DH panics and goes to make sure they arent choking(Ive seen him jump over our sofa to get to our oldest once a few years ago LOL).

He's just not as used to the sounds and which ones are natural and which ones mean trouble like I am.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• lol bonesdragondew I know what you mean! When my son gags or coughs while eating, my hubby totally overreacts.. then once when he really was about to throw up, my hubby just calmly sat there staring while I ran to catch it. lol he thinks I have magic cuz I always know =)
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 4:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My husband HATES the tv show "Barney" I think that it is annoying as hell but, my 2 year old daughter loves it I mean she gets glued to the screen which gives me 20 min to do the dishes!! :) my DH would kill me if he knew i let her watch that :)
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I understand you're either trying to be cute / trying to have fun / think it's cute / or just don't want to discipline your child.

But if you allow your son to bang on the keyboard, and your husband overreacts / yells, you're only going to confuse your child. He wont know why daddy gets mad at him for what mommy lets him do.

Anonymous

• I agree with the first anon. I used to let the kids jump on the furniture, but it really does just confuse them. Besides, I'd rather be a united front with my husband than play the kids.
    Anonymous