how do you help your teenage daughter deal with the loss of her boyfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Did he die or did they just break up?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Teenage girls need love, love, love and re-assurance x 1,0000. Show her how special she is ...take her to the spa and have manicures together, go to lunch and a movie. Tell her how special she is. Make a list of 100 things to love about her. She will probably cherish that forever. I hope she bounces back real soon.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:33 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• my daughter's boyfriend broke up with her on my birthday! What i tell her is how long you went out with him is how long it will take to get over him. how i help her is let her talk about him and make sure she does sometimes i have to ask instead of her willing to express herself. but she tells me everything.
    let her know you will always support her.
    good luck
    kidsneeds

Answer by kidsneeds at 8:45 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well I also wonder how he is gone? dead or break up? with that said, I think that if they break up I would make sure that she understood it wasn't her fault and I was here when she wants to talk. Im not good at this question, because Im not there yet sorry!
    1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 6:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Be supportive and let her know you'll listen. Then go do something fun together.
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 2:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2008