my son used to go to sleep when I would put him down, but now he fusses and fusses until I take him out of his crib. He is tired and just refuses to fall asleep. The old routine doesnt work anymore and I am wondering what else to try. Suggestions as to what to do

Nap suggestions for 1year olds

qustnmrk28

Asked by qustnmrk28 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he my son is also fussing more he is 15 months old I think maybe he is getting his molars in and they say theyre the worst try some tylenol or motrin before bed and see if you see a difference
    MoMMyto2971

Answer by MoMMyto2971 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It may be that he's teething or coming down with a cold/bug. Stick to your routine as it's always been and hopefully he'll adjust. White noise may also help him. Target sells a clock that plays nature sounds. We've been using the sound of ocean waves to help our twins fall asleep since they were 12wks old. Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 6:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My daughter, 16 months, fights sleep as well, even though she's exhausted. I agree with the white noise idea, I have a white noise machine, which seems to help (helps me sleep as well :-) Also I've found that if I lay down with her and talk or sing to her that she'll "let go" and fall asleep, then I wait until she's deep asleep and put her down. Regarding teething, "teething tablets" (they are homeopathic} have helped.
    Lunarprancer

Answer by Lunarprancer at 9:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2009