not sure how to put this

Ok so my doctor said that since my pregnancy is high risk I should not have sex :( But how about masturbation? Clitoral stimulation at least?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would think that external stuff would be OK, but ask your ob to be sure.

Answer by Bmat at 4:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I know that the mans semen softens the cervix but I also thought that orgasms can cause your uterus to contract. I may be wrong, but you could always look it up on google.
    Anonymous

• i would say not to cuz orgasum i have heard cause contractions but ask your doc he might tell you diff good luck
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm only 8 weeks pregnant if that makes a difference.
    Anonymous

• no my dr said that those kind of orgasums are strongeer then normal ones and its not good to do that either
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I was so paranoid that I refused to have sex or anything with my husband until after I hit the 12/13 week mark. Actually, I am 14 weeks today and we still haven't had sex! LOL I am getting to the point where I want it but not that bad. He on the other hand is going crazy! LOL The thought of sex makes me wanna puke most of the time!
    If your doctor said not to have sex, I wouldn't. Not even clitoral stimulation. Every orgasm I hvae ever had from it has been way stronger than any from penetration. Try a cold shower. Sorry!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 5:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You need to ask your doctor to specify what he feels would put the baby at risk. Is it the penetration? The orgasm? or both. We can't really answer that for you. It is important for him to give you the reason why.

I personally would do neither.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• go to what to expect.com i have the book and it helps me wheen i wanted to know something about sex andmastertions
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 5:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• orgasms cause the uterus to contract.. even slightly.. I wouldn't risk it until you talk to your doctor about it first
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009