i just found out my mom has celiacs diesease.. does anyone have this or know some who does who can help me understand it

I have googeld it but i would like first hand more personal perspectives not just medical jargon

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

• I have celiac disease and so do my two sons. If your mom was diagnosed it would be good for the Dr. to run a blood panel on you. Check out the cafemom group "celiac and gluten-free moms" Check out http://www.thefooddoc.com/

the symptoms can be very wide ranging and can be very mild to severe.  My biggest problems were muscle aches an fatigue.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My partners Uncle is a Celiac. He doesn't let it affect him at all - he is just not able to eat wheat and gluten.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Hi go to this website, They have a lot of information there.

Celiac Disease Foundation

Also there's this guy who decorates his house over the holidays and you can control the lights, and he donates money for Celiac. He's really cool. He has a child with Celiac. Check this out:

Alek's Controllable Christmas Lights for Celiac Disease

lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Good places for food are: www.glutenfree.com and www.glutenfreemall.com. I buy from them all the time.

It is hard to get around wheat sometimes, but pretty good alternatives are out there. Wheat is probably the biggest obstacle in being gluten free, but it gets easier as time goes by and you learn where to find all the sneaky glutens.

I have two kids with gluten allergies, not celiac, though.
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009