Is this okay? Formula Question

My son is on Enfamil Gentlease. We use Enfamil because I get 9 free cans a month from WIC and it has to be Enfamil but it doesn't last me the whole month. Wal Mart sells their brand of Gentlease for $12 less a can so is it okay if I use the Wal Mart brand AND Enfamil? It even says right on the can "Compare to Enfamil Gentlease"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah its fine! as long as his tummy can handle it and you dont see any problems with it, then youre fine
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i tried doing that and my son hated it but every baby is the same, i would ask his doc beacuse my sons doc had a fit when i told them...
    Anonymous

• Mix them together....then there is no balking about the slightly different taste. Nutritionally they are the same.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• my DD threw up with the store brands
    amber325

Answer by amber325 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My DS is BF but I do FF on occasion.. he can only handle enfamil.. any other brand (or offbrand) makes him spit up, have diarrhea, or constipated... that's just him though. Get a can and try it.. worse that can happen is one of the above.. if it happens then you know not to use it again :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I couldn't do it because of a sensitive stomach for one of my boys, so I didn't try it with the others. It's not EXACTLY the same, it is comparable, though.

It's SORT OF like with generic medications....the main ingredients are all the same, but the fillers are different...either different fillers or just different amounts. It *might* make a difference. (that's why some people do okay with generic medications while others HAVE to have the name brand)

You can try it, but the switching back and forth MIGHT make a difference. Keep in mind every time you switch, it takes about 2 weeks for the switch to really be in full swing. Some babies don't have a problem switching back and forth...others do.

You won't know until you try....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I switched my lil one onto target brand...same price difference...you're rigght it says "compared to" right on the can...plus u can compare labels...he takes it just fine and it last 3 times longer!
    JulesMommy1008

Answer by JulesMommy1008 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009