Could having sex every day you aren't on your period cause a yeast infection?

How? And how would you know if you had one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

• yeah i think it can because i was haveing sex every day 3 times a day and got one why what wrong?
    angel_megan

Answer by angel_megan at 5:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• well a yeast infection can be caused from a lot of things, changes in temperature, taking antibiotics, etc. Sure, sex could cause it, Im sure.

A yeast infection can start as a burning sensation 'down there' Then you'll get a discharge that looks like cottage cheese, and there can be an odor. In my case I often feel severely dry before the discharge begins.

If it is your first one, get checked by a doctor, otherwise over the counter meds can clear it up as well.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I don't think I have one, but I'm just worried that we might have to stop before I do...
    Anonymous

• Anon, well, the best advise I can tell you is that if you start having intense itching or burning redness in that area, then I would not have sex until I got checked out.
    lilmizmoore1127

Answer by lilmizmoore1127 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• If you get the burning feeling, it can also be a urinary tract infection. Make sure you go pee every songle time after you're done having sex, and be sure to wipe front to back. If you do get one drink cranberry juice.

You're more apt to get a UTI than a yeast infection//
    Mominthecouve

Answer by Mominthecouve at 5:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2009