Do you think babys movements slow down before labor?

...

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep I do. My doctor even told me they seem to slow down the day or two before the are going to be born.

Answer by gemgem at 5:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes. According to What to Expect When You're Expecting, this can be expected. Your baby should still be doing something at least 10 times every 1-2 hours but it might not be as forceful or as energetic. The bigger the baby gets, the less room they have to move.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• no my dr and my labor and delivery said babies dont slow down that you should still get your movements i was even up at labor and delivery and i heard this girl she was on the montier and her baby was kicking up a storm and then 30 mins later she had him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• YES!!! ITS NORMAL
    nikkik2008

Answer by nikkik2008 at 8:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• well.. I dunno .. they do say that WHEN the baby is ready to be born their movements will be less intense... BUT, they should still move...
    my drs told me time and time again that when my son got bigger he would "run out of room" and his movements would be less... and look at where he is now.. Heaven....
    Im not saying to FREAK out .. but I wouldnt be too casual about it ... trusting the drs 100% isnt always the safest ...
    good luck
    SaraM0412

Answer by SaraM0412 at 3:28 AM on Mar. 1, 2009