what if you had a neighbor that was a "news spreader"?? lol

so she wanted to get an update about us, but i couldnt say some stuff without telling the whole story first and i thought we could keep what was said between us but then she goes and tells my hubby's uncle things and who knows who else she might go say these things to but i never thought she was the kind of person to spread things, its almost like an episode of "Desperate Housewives".

guess i didnt know her that well :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have one of those! :-) Not really a desperate housewife type though. He's in her 70's and is SUPER bored. She takes whatever bit of information she has and tells everybody lol. We avoid telling her things other than just polite conversation because it is none of the rest of the small town we live in's business.

My tips for a nosey neighbor? If it has a whole long story to it, avoid telling someone you don't know very well about the topic at all. In addition, if you're expecting to keep it just between the two of you don't tell them at all either. Mostly because those topics are a bit heavy for people you barely know to handle when they don't know you personally and also because you never know who they'll tell or if you can trust them. I learned that the hard way. Now she tracks down my poor unsuspecting mother in my driveway when she comes to visit for all of the juicy info lol.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have a neighbor like that and it only took one time for me to not associate with her anymore. Causes nothing but trouble. I have nothing to do with her and listening to no gossip.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Nosy neighbors are the WORST!! I guess I would just keep it friendly. I wouldn't tell her anything personal anymore and our conversations from here on would not go beyond small talk.
    Anonymous

• My landlord is that way. He goes around talking crap and gets his tenants confused. One time he told someone we owed him like $300 for an electric bill and the electricity is in our name. He also forgot one time who he was talking to and told my fil something about my dog LOL. My fil called me so the next time the landlord came over I asked him why he was going around talking smack and I wanted to know why he thought I owed him money and why he didnt like my dog. I let him know I didnt appreciate him talking about us and that I had heard alot of rumors about him and his wife being on crack but he didnt see me taking out an ad or calling his mom about it. I havent heard him or of him talking about us since.

Answer by gemgem at 6:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oh I have one like that and needless to say we don't talk anymore. She is nosey about everyone. Drives me crazy. But yet she thinks everyone else is in her business. Best to not tell her anything that you don't want the world to know. In our case everyone USE to talk to one another, but because of this one and her mouth, we are all not as close anymore. Really sad, but less drama, which is nice.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009