what am i suppose to do about some who isnt excited about me having a baby

well.. just today i was sittin there talking to my grandma she was talking about me having the baby and today she got all bitchy and what not, and we have a friend of the family thats been in our family for a while. I said hes more excited about me having the baby than you are. She said "yeah im not excited" i just wanted to break down and cry.. and today i walk in my room and hanging on the crib is a shirt that says thats it im going to grandmas.. if shes gonna be lke that.. hes not wearing that outfit and im giving everything back shes gotten me for this baby i didn't have to really buy anything i didn't have a baby shower.. but car seat stroller crib and w.e else i got was from friends.shes bought me clothes and some other things but not a whole lot.is she excited?? why does she have to act like that.. it just makes me wanna give my baby up for adoption.i just wanna cry all the time when she says stuff like that please help

QTSuZ08

Asked by QTSuZ08 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dont take it personally, I know easier said then done but older people arent as excited about babies as younger people are. And sometimes people are just mean. I wouldnt give anything back because you will need it for the baby but I wouldnt share any news about the baby with her either. If he brings it up you can say well you said you werent excited so why would I tell you anything?

Answer by gemgem at 6:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• yeah my grandparents called me a lot of horrible things when I was pregnant with my daughter because I was pregnant so young they told me they wanted nothing to do with me or the baby so thats how it is I never see them and they never see my daughter you have to understand not everyone in your family will be happy about it, just something you have to deal with
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 6:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Truthfully, if you are happy about the little one coming..that is all that matters. You cant stress about other people opinions. Dont worry.. when the baby comes ..she will be all over him. If not.... its okay.. and you move on with your life. Dont take it personally.. She is the one who will miss out. Enjoy your pregnancy..and dont worry about others. Good Luck with the baby.
    littlefoots

Answer by littlefoots at 6:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• What Grandma isn't excited about a baby?????? That's so wrong... She should be ashamed of herself.

Try to avoid contact with her right now. You don't need that negativity! Surround yourself with people who love and support you.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i dont know why your grandma is being the way she is...however, i also don't understand why you'd let one bitch make you "wanna give your baby up for adoption". tell her to fly a kite. thats what i'd do.
    ieatfortwo

Answer by ieatfortwo at 6:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I went through this when I had my daughter. My family distanced themselves from me very severely. I did all that I could, I worked two jobs (practically supported a babysitter), until the point to becoming a zombie. But I never gave up. Now since my daughter is almost seventeen and I have a very decent job, I'm getting emails to reconnected with my dad. I could have really used his direction when I really needed it. It's really sick.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My grandmother badmouthed me when I got pregnant.. my family (even my mother and father) stopped talking to her for awhile.. when they did start talking to her again, if she asked about me they'd tell her it was none of her business.. she came around eventually. Old people are old fashioned..
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Did you ever think maybe this baby is making her feel old? She must have some reason. If she is buying clothing she must feel something just not as excited as you.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• This is my first pregnancy and my best friend for the past 3 years was the same way. She flat out told me she wasn't happy and she was like the only one. She acted like I was ruining college, and blah blah blah. I thought about it and realized all that matters is what I feel after all this is "my family" i'm starting not hers... I know its hard, but now she came around and is really excepting it and wanting to be apart of it. I get stories all the time at when the point when the baby comes out it won't matter what anyone else thinks.. You'll be surprised who you want around as time goes on...
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Just ignore her for awhile and be around support and positive attitudes so you and your baby aren't stressed!!
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009