Why is everybody so concerned about how other people parent?

If the children are well fed and taken care of, why do you care? How does the way I parent affect your life?
Please tell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats a good question, the other one I can't get over, is how people get bashed for how they deliver their baby.
    Anonymous

• Stop acting guilty. If you are unsatisfied by how you parent your children, just do it differently. Don't get defensive and act like people are attacking you.
    Anonymous

• For me its simple. I dont care how you parent unless it affects my life or that of my kids or the community I live in. I am graduating from college and while continueing my education plan to work for social services on some level, whether child support, cps etc. If someones a terrible parent and in MY community Im sure Ill cross their path at some time. I wont have any problem taking their kids from them, or when I am finally done and a child therapist taking their money when their child needs therapy. In the meantime its really none of my business per say but the sad fact is there ARE bad parents or I wouldnt be looking into the field I am bc there would be no money in it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It affects me none, how a parent is... I love all kids no matter age, race or gender, All I want to see is that the kids are LOVED, and well taken care of. However, in reality it is none of my business... Parents have a choice to do as the please with their children. I am a strict mother; only for the fact when I was a child, my parents let my run wild. I do not want to see my kids does that… SO it is to each is own...
    1ontheway

Answer by 1ontheway at 6:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I honestly don't care, but sometimes it's very frustrating to see how ignorant MOTHERS can be.
    Anonymous