Did you see this and are you as happy as I am that he came through on his promise?

U.S. to yield marijuana jurisdiction to states

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is sending strong signals that President Obama - who as a candidate said states should be allowed to make their own rules on medical marijuana - will end raids on pot dispensaries in California.
Asked at a Washington news conference Wednesday about Drug Enforcement Administration raids in California since Obama took office last month, Holder said the administration has changed its policy. "What the president said during the campaign, you'll be surprised to know, will be consistent with with what we'll be doing here in law enforcement," he said. "What he said during the campaign is now American policy." "The president believes that federal resources should not be used to circumvent state laws" and expects his appointees to follow that policy, Schapiro said...
see full article here- http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1408649/U_S_to_yie

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh yeah yay Im so happy now theyll be plenty of potheads running around claiming medical marijuana yeehaa, pass the bong.
    Anonymous

• So happy, I'm high....without even having to smoke a bong!
    Anonymous

• I couldn't be happier. This is very exciting news for my state and will hopefully open the doors to more states following suit.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 6:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

I wouldn't pass shit to you. We will just let you stay in pain if you ever get ill.
    Anonymous

• And what will be the end result? No one working as thousands/millions of people will be making mad dashes to their local IHOP/Denny's/diners for some much needed munchies?! lol
    Anonymous

• ANON 6:30

We live in an industrialized nation, with a bevy of prescription drugs that have been approved by the FDA...there is no need to "grow your own" medicine--unless you're a really cheap pothead.

When I'm in pain, I grab my bottle of Advil or Aleve...works just fine! Unfortunately there isn't a pill for perpetual crabbiness.....guess that's why you need to smoke pot?!
    Anonymous

That or sick people getting their meds without fear of going to jail.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 6:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• We live in an industrialized nation, with a bevy of prescription drugs that have been approved by the FDA...there is no need to "grow your own" medicine--unless you're a really cheap pothead.

Actually you are the one being a crabby biotch. I'm the one saying how happy I am.
    Anonymous

• Not happy at all. Ain't happening here in TX. We want the mexican drug cartel out and gone from Tx and Mexico so we will do whatever it takes. No legalized pot here. It's illegal and until it isn't the raids should go on.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Great! Now will you all be lobbying to be allowed to smoke said pot in your places of employment, in restaurants and other public places, or am I to just assume, you will NOT seeking employment, and we can expect to support you via our taxes, so you are in any pain?

Do we also need to be concerned that you will be operating a motor vehicle while high (but happily pain free!), or will you be seeking the assistance of public transportation or the kindness of everyone else to shuttle you around town (but at least you'll be pain free!)?
    Anonymous