Did you know?

That if you dial 911 they put you on hold now? I think I'd be a little pissed if there were ever an emergency...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah or they transfer you so many times and you cant get a full statment out before you are talking to someone new again..
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 6:38 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• they put you WHAT?!?!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes they do,... the few weeks ago I was calling in an auto accident... and they reason they do that, I was told not sure, is to make sure its not a prank call. I was watching the news the other day and Prank calling 911 has hit a huge incline... But they are also lacking workers...
    Anonymous

• Not here in AR. We're a little town so you pretty much just get the sheriff when you call.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Wow. I sure hope someone isn't taking their last dying breath while they are on hold waiting to tell the 911 operator who killed them. That's nuts!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009