Do you think Kayne west is a good role model?

Recentky, at a concert he stated to the audience that Chris Brown, Michael Phelps, Michael Jackson, and even OJ Simpson were good people.

Do you think this gives our youth the message that it is OK to break rules/laws and socially acceptable to do so? Again, taking accountability away?

thundernlight

Asked by thundernlight at 6:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, MY youth aren't attending his concerts so I won't have to worry about how they " end up".
    No thankyou on the Kanye.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Good people make mistakes. I'm sure you have made mistakes throughout your life as well. No one is perfect.
    Anonymous

• Thankfully my children do not idolize people they do not know in real life.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I dont think at all, he is a good role model. I'm glad neither one of my children will know who he is.
    Anonymous

• He is OK.

I personally like M.Phelps. The good things what he is doing for less fortunate kids in Baltimore and all over the U.S are good things. And I like his honesty about his mistakes. He is great athlete.

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 7:43 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Phelps made a mistake, I still like him and I will still watch him. It was pot not steroids.
    As far as Chris Brown goes, I dislike him. I dislike him even more for assulting her. I am glad some radio stations are refusing to play his crap music.
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone in Hollywood is a good role model.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• No, actually I find Kanye West a presumptive arrogant racist. He is a part of the problem, by keeping the hate alive. Stating that President Bush doesn't like black people, he perpetuated the hatred and anger many had about a natural disaster that had nothing to do with Bush. He is like any other attention hungry entertainer that will say or do anything to get press or the spotlight. If my child came home and told me that he thinks what KW said is correct, I would ask them to clarify their answer and state facts that support their belief. IMO, he is a loser that is trying to stay A list, and that only lasts so long.

Anonymous

• anon 8:35 Kanye West wasn't the only one to say that. Many people felt that Bush didn't care about blacks. Look at what Bush's mother said about the people that were in the Superdome. She said that they(majority blacks) should be use to living in conditions such as those. In other words they were use to having piles of sh*t next to there bed, urine all over the carpet, and sleeping in buildings with thousands of people. Also, when was the last time you've heard Kanye say anything that comes across as racist?
    Anonymous

• I don't care who else said things, this question is in reference to Kanye West, not Barbara Bush. I think most people have diarrhea of the mouth. They say things about subjects they don't know much about. And the last time I heard something racist from KW was during the telethon when he perpetuated the hate towards our President. I wouldn't bother listening to a loser like that afterward. His comment didn't help, what possible reason did he have to say it other than to segregate our nation? Maybe he is working undercover for Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Perhaps Rev. Wright? They are all racists that would be out of business if we all just learned to get along.

Anonymous