Can I have a few sample meal plans for a 1 year old boy- for an example??

He needs to start chewing, and exploring different tastes. We have to go by things we might already have in the house, or that are cheaper to buy. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I tryed sliced peaches, and he refuses to get his hands wet, or try a new taste. I just need to see some ideas to go by, for daily feeding. A few menus would be nice. Thank you....

Scilla79

Asked by Scilla79 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son dont eat meat yet so here r some i give my 13 month old

mac & cheese

speggetti

pizza cut up into little squares

grilled cheese cut up into little squares

eggs

real peas' help lean how to chew but chant chock on them fries once and a while ( baked)
    Anonymous

• peanut butter & jelly (cut up ) mashed potaotes , if he has teeth pretty much everything. cottage cheese , ham and cheese sandwichs , salsibury steak , cut up chicken , etc.. should give him meat for the protein. hope this helps..
    chicknlitlle69

Answer by chicknlitlle69 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oatmeal, toast squares, eggs, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, tiny cut up bites of sausage links, cut up pancakes without syrup, home fries (hash browns) for breakfast

Cheese cut up into small pieces, any veggie diced up and soft to chew, fruit diced up and easy to chew, grilled cheese sandwiches, get some ham or turkey and dice it up, bread cubed

I guess the way I did things, was that I would give my now four year old a mini version of whatever we were eating. If we were eating chicken and veggies or salad, I would just give him the same just cut up MUCH smaller so it would be easier for him to chew up. I would just keep trying new and different things. He won't starve, I couldn't get my son to eat fruit so I waited and gave him dried fruit when I felt confident enough that he wouldn't choke on it. He still complains when I give him strawberries or blueberries that they "stain his fingers"! Go figure!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• He can eat whatever you're eating (I'd hold off on peanutbutter though until he was two) just be sure to cut it up good. Meats can be tough at this age but ground beef/turkey are easy to eat as is chicken cut up very small.

It can take 15-20 tries of a new food before it's accepted by a toddler so hang in there!

Breakfast could be: some cheerios, some cut up fruit, and milk

Lunch: some chicken cut up, some steamed veggies cut up, cut up fruit, and milk

Dinner: same as lunch (I have twins so I cooked while they napped and they'd eat the same thing for lunch and dinner, they didn't mind)
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• breakfast - cereal (soaked in milk for a little while if it's too crunchy), applesauce, diced bananas, diced peaches, diced pears, scrambled eggs, blueberry or plain pancakes, toast, oatmeal, cream cheese and jelly sandwich (cut into small pieces)

lunch: cheese quesadilla (could hide some soft cooked veggies in it), small pasta w/ sauce or parmesan on it, brown rice w/ veggies, mashed potatoes, baked sweet potato, grilled cheese, chopped avocado, baby yogurts, chopped up deli meats (natural meat with no preservatives)

dinner: pretty much anything you're going to eat unless it's spicy

my baby boy is 13 months old so i still haven't given him peanut butter because i keep reading that it's better to wait a while. i also read that you shouldn't give them strawberries, kiwi fruit, or citrus at this age, and of course no honey. but you may want to do your own research or ask the pediatrician.
    elliotts_mommy

Answer by elliotts_mommy at 2:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• My son is VERY picky. so this is what he eats-

breakfast-waffle cut up with syrup. Sausage patty w/ melted slice of cheese over the top, cut up. egg, cerel. (we'll just feed him bites of ours).

Lunch- Slice of bread without crust w/ peanut butter and honey-cut up, chicken nuggets, chicken and noodles (its a can of soup, and we drain the liquid). he dosen't like when i make him a real grilled cheese b/c 2 slices of bread together is to much for him, so i toast a slice of bread, cut the crust off, melt cheese on it, and cut it up, he eats it that way.

Dinner-Usually whatever we eat. He loves stuffed green peppers, green beans, recently tried giving him asparagus, eh didnt like that. Umm...mac and cheese, and yeah. :) Hope this helps
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:16 AM on Mar. 2, 2009