I don't care for sex anymore, what could be wrong with me?

I feel bad because my DH wants it all the time and I never think about it or want it. I don't think this is normal... what do you think is wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

• Maybe your pregnant....lol. I am and I do not want sex, ever.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Maybe you are too tired or under too much stress. It could also be a hormonal problem. Go to your gyn and discuss it with them so you can get it figured out.

Answer by Bmat at 7:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Did you have a baby recently? If not, going thru any hormonal changes? Sometimes that can trigger not wanting sex in women. You may not want to do this, but go talk to your doc, there are ways to help you.
    Anonymous

• There are a whole bunch of reasons your sex drive could be low. When we are young mothers it can just be fatigue, both physical and emotional.  As we age our estrogen levels go down so women around menapause and after manapause have much lower sex drive.

There can also be emotional issues, stress, relationship issues.  For women these can be more powerful than the physical reasons.  For most women sex isn't just a physical act, it is also emotional. 

My advice would be first of all to go to your doctor and have yourself checked out, discuss the issue with them.  Then if there are no physical reasons for not wanting sex you and husband need to talk through the issue.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I haven't wanted it since my DD was born and she's 6 months old...my poor DH! We have foughjt about it too but I could care less about it...its part of having a baby but you can talk to your doc and he could give you something....maybe if you PPD?
    Anonymous

• I went to my doctor because I thought I had a thyroid issue because I did when I was preggo
    (my kids are2&3)...but now she told me my levels are normal...I think i'm going to have to go back in becasue there has to be something going on...as for stress i don't think i have any more than the avarage mom...i handle stress ok ...i'm going to be 31 next month.
    ?????
    Anonymous

• You should keep in mind that a low/no sex drive can also be an indicator of many illnesses/diseases. I don't mean to be negative or scare you, but it's true. You should definitely tell your doctor about it and any other abnormal symptoms you are having...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Dont be so hard on yourself. I am going through the same thing right now, and I feel terrible about it. We as women seem to really hang on these kinds of things. What is wrong with me? I am a terrible wife?..... Maybe we outta just say "Today I am stressed and I need to be easy on myself" Try not to focus as much on the why and focus on yourself. I personally give all of my energy and attention to everyone elses problems and needs and neglect my own (see... here I am trying to help someone else lol) We are pillars of our families and friends, maybe we should try being one for ourselves. Cheer up!
    cksem

Answer by cksem at 8:18 AM on Mar. 2, 2009