Do you think that if you are a grandparent you should keep making babies??

I have a situation with my dad he is 47 and he thinks he should have another baby. My parents are divorced my dad remarried but is with someone else. He has four children al have the same mother, my mother. The ages are 25, 23(ME), 18, and 14. I am the only one married with two kids. He owes so much child support for all of us that i could sue him but I am not like that. Am I being selfish, wrong, or mean for not wanting another brother or sister?

happilymarried

Asked by happilymarried at 8:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think this is your choice Hon. He is an adult and can do as he wishes. If he wants a baby with the new girl, what are you going to do, be there to provide the condom? No... sorry, you have NO SAY. Get over it.
    Anonymous

• My DH's dad and his wife had a daughter together after his step-sister had already had a baby. So my SIL has a nephew who is a year older than her. DH's mom also had a baby around the same time. Honestly it's their decision on whether or not to have a baby. Once the baby is here though, most people find it binds a family even closer together.
    Anonymous

• i can see why you would be upset and he should probably get his money taken care of first, but if he wants to have another baby he'll have one. i probably wouldnt like it much either
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I can understand how you feel, but the only people who's opinions matter on this are his and his wife's.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 8:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Him being a grandfather should have nothing to do with his decision to have another baby. He can't help it that you reproduced and made him a grandfather. Also, YOU can't sue him for his back child support, your mother could.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the people who have spoken above. i am with anon. 810.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think the question has more to do with the "Dead Beat Dad-Lack of Child support" issue, than the "Grandfather Issue".

I really don't think people that can't take care of the kids they have should be having more, but that never seems to stop people from procreating.

If he and his new wife want to have a baby, they probably will, no matter what anyont else thinks about it.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Honestly whether or not your father choose to have more children is really none of your business. I know that sounds harsh but it's reality. You have no control over what he is or isn't going to do and stressing your self out about something you have no control over only hurts you.

norbert

Answer by norbert at 8:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• it's none of your business and him being a grandfather has nothing to do with it.- now being a dead beat dad has everything to do with it.
    In the end, it's their choice and you have no say in it. If it really gets under your skin that much have your mom sue him for all the child support he refused to pay.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It's not up to you. If pops likes making babies nothings going to stop him. Sometimes men think if they can still make them then they are still a real man.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009