How long did it take?

I am a first time mom..so i guess this question is for those of youwho have been through this before..honestly, how long did it take for you to bounce back into shape? im only 22 years old and i have been around 120lbs all my life...now im about 30 pounds overweight and i NEED to get back on track...how long did it take you guys? any tips?

JulesMommy1008

Asked by JulesMommy1008 at 8:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i am 24 and have 2 and it took me about 3 months to lose all the weight... i weigh 125 now
    Anonymous

• Everyone is different. Don't be so obsessed about your body and concentrate on your child. People these days are way tooooo vain. You will lose the weight when your body is ready. Don't listen to everyone say how fast they lost weight.. How can you honestly believe anyone on the internet???
    Anonymous

• Eat right and exersice, if you drink pesi or coke cut it out, if you are not breastfeeding, cutting 500 calories a day 7 days a week =1 lb weight lose- mix that with workouts and your results could be more but dont lose more than 2lbs per week, the slower it comes off the better you will be able to keep it off, remember it took 9 months to put the weight on so it will take time to take it off
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I dropped the weight very quick at that age..you are very young still...and as long as you don't get crazy with "eating for two" you shouldn't have any trouble getting back into shape...I have a friend who is 22 and she just had a baby 6 weeks ago and she is just about in her jeans...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• apple cider vinegar diet, google it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• braggs organic apple cider vinegar, google it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• It's only been 4 months, so don't panic. I expected to magically mutate in to my old self with in a few weeks, lol. I knew that was kind of much but I did. At 4 months post partum I really hadn't lost anything but water weight and baby, none of the fat though.
    I've lost 29 pounds in 7 months.
    In January I really started trying and have lost an additional 10 pounds in 2 months, which is only 5 pounds a month. I think that's a normal weight loss. Your suppose to lose like 1 pound a week while dieting and exercising.
    So, I'm not even there yet but I'm aiming to get below the weight I was right before I got pregnant because I was already complaining about it. I also have hypothyroidism which makes it harder to lose weight so you might lose more if you try. But to answer your question at 7 months pp I am only 14 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight now.
    I will give you some tips in the next reply.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Here's some tips.
    Drink only water. Make breakfast your biggest meal and dinner your lightest, healthiest meal. You store fat later in the day more then you do earlier than the day. It's also proven eating a big, filling breakfast boosts your metabolism. 3 meals, 3 snacks. It's good to make all those snacks with fruit and add vegetables to your meals.
    Don't eat 3 hours before bedtime, so if you go to sleep at 10, have it no later than 7..You store fat at night while you sleep, so if you do make it healthy like apples, carrotts or something.
    Get 30 minutes of cardio every day. You can do 10 minutes at a time, 3 times a day instead of trying to attempt a full 30 minutes all at once. Cardio is the best calorie and fat burning exercise and it raises your heart rate and metabolism causing you to burn more fat even when your not working out. Jumping Jacks, Running in place, anything fast pace..
    Write down everything you eat.
    PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Oh my, anonymous 8:05. I just seen that answer! I didn't know it was vain to care about your physique and health. There must be..umm about 98% of the population of women who are vain then. lol. There is nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight and asking for tips. Sorry, not all of us just accept letting ourselves go and doing nothing about it. Her question didn't sound vain to me at all. Here's the definition for you.

Vain- Excessively proud of one's appearance or accomplishments; conceited. Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless: a vain attempt.

Don't use words you don't understand. ;)

PinkDiamond717

Answer by PinkDiamond717 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• They say it takes nine months to gain the weight, and nine to lose it. I found that to be pretty accurate! I lost the majority of it by about 6-7 months, but was then hanging on to those last few pounds right up until DS turned 9 months.

Don't stress too much about it - just eat right and get some exercise (carting around a baby really helps!), and you should be back to your old self before you know it :) Good luck!!
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 1, 2009