Can your SO's caffine intake make it difficult to concieve?

My SO and I have been trying for a while to get pregnat. He had all the tests done and they checked my hormones and thyroid levels and everything has been fine. I have been eating very healthy and having virtually no caffine. However, my SO drinks coffee constantly. Does anyone know if that could be the reason that we are having trouble conceiving? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• There is one soda, mountain dew I believe, that lowers sperm count.
    Anonymous

• caffeine, no

yellow dye such as in mt. dew, can though. it lowers sperm count. don't let him eat or drink anything colored yellow
    Anonymous

• YES IT DOES!!!!!!!!!
    nikkik2008

Answer by nikkik2008 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Why?
    Anonymous

• I'm no expert but I would question this, if u plant apples will u get oranges? I think the SEED makes the FRUIT. Also my children's grandad said that to us once. As an incubator we contribute to childrens inheritance but really the seed is the source.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 9:56 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If you have any extra weight on you at all, I would try my hardest to lose it. I conceived both of my children after about a 6-8lbs weight loss. Hormones get trapped in your fat cells. Sometimes it can even affect your cycles if you're too overweight. Worth a shot...at worst you'll fit into your skinny jeans! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:20 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Actually unless your weight is obese enough to be affecting your periods and cycle, it has nothing to do with getting pregnant. (according to my doctor).
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I think it really depends on how sensitive your body is to it. I'm not very overweight and it seems to have a big effect on me...my friend who is well over 300lbs conceived all 5 of her kids effortlessly. Its worth a shot.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:50 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yes caffine (on both sides) smoking, drinking can affect your chances to conceive.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 2, 2009