ok..need help

ok my son is now 7 months old and i cant afford diapers or formula? I have tried everything.... what do i do....... i have no money, and i dont even buy food for myself....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried...I think it's called WIC? They'll help out with low-income families. Give you formula. I'm sure they help with diapers also.
    Anonymous

• yes i have gone to them but wic dont do anything for diapers and they wont supply my sons formual because he is a premmie and doc wont change formula and they said with out a proscription they wont give me any kind of formula
    Anonymous

• WIC & foodstamps will help with the formula if you qualify based on income, if you don't qualify then you shouldn't have issues buying it unless you live beyond your means

family and friends can help with diapers or switch to cloth reusable ones.
    Anonymous

• i have no family near me and as i said above wic wont help with the formula and they denied me for food stamps
    Anonymous

• i live in a studio appartment so i dont think i live beond my needs
    Anonymous

• well sweetie, you got the advice you asked for, now you are arguing it. so we can't help more. no one is just gonna offer to send you money or diapers or formula.

the list of help is

WIC (get the prescription or if doc won't write one, that means he doesn't need "special" formula

Food Stamps (you say you don't qualify, well, then why can't you afford the things your child needs? Diapers are as low as $6 a pack)

Salvation Army (generally same qualifications as food stamps)

Anonymous

• maybe you could try relactation and cloth diapers?
    Anonymous

• if you don't have money, and can't afford to buy anything, why are they denying WIC and foodstamps?
    Anonymous

• Definately contack WIC immediately. you should be able to get checks for you for milk, eggs, juice, cheese, and cereal. and they will give you checks for formula as well. at 7months you will also get checks for infant cereal.

Also, apply for Food Stamps. i would think you could qualify for the emergancy ones. also, i dont know anything about TANF but its temporary assistance for needy families. basically try to get everything you can qualify for.

also, here where i am there is a place to get rental assistance, childcare assistance, and energy (utilities) assistance.

Good luck.

diapers - look for resources for low income families and you should find some.

there are also food pantries around here and sometimes they have diapers. plus you can get food for you once every 30 days. i have seen at the one here cereal and baby food sometimes.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• ok as i said before WIC wont help me because they dont provide his kind of formula!!!!!! and his doc wont change it..... food stamps wont help me they say i make to much.......
    Anonymous