My son has been teething and.....

last week I noticed you can see the whites of his teeth clearly through his gums. You can see like 4 on the top. How long after you saw this on your baby did he cut his first teeth? And how did he react to them? Did he wake up a lot at night? Very fussy during the day? I'd just like to know what to expect. He was drooling worse than ever before and he's been teething since he was 3 months -- he's 6 months now. I just know I'm going to feel so bad for the little guy when it happens and I just keep thinking..wow..he's growing way too fast! =) Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My older dd didn't even fuss when she was teething, just a little diarrhea.  My younger dd has fussed, had fever, and had diarrhea while teething.  It varies with every baby, as does the length of time it takes for the teeth to actually cut.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 8:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My son was 5 months when he cut his first tooth and cut the second a week later. He's 8 1/2 months and we've been seeing his two top front teeth under the gums for at least 3 weeks. He has days when he's really fussy, drooly, and needs teethers, wet washcloths and orajel to help with the pain, but he hasn't cut them yet. Hang in there, I know it's hard to watch them when they're in pain and you just want to see those cute little teeth pop through, but it'll happen soon, I'm sure
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• try frozen bagels..........worked for my oldest . .............he teeethed for what felt like forever!!! my little rose cut 2 teeth in 2 days and then 2 weeks later cut 2more. sounds like it will be soon for your son by your discription. hylands makes an all natural teething tablet that works great for days when he is just fussy and uncomfortable but not fever or anything like that............when its really bad i give my rose those and tyleonol together and it works great!
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 6:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2009