Does anybody remember the title of this children's book?

My brother, mom and I are trying to remember the name of a children's book that we really liked as kids. It was about a shopkeeper who had a parrot, and they would try to guess what all the customers wanted. The shopkeeper would say something like "Ham!", the parrot would say "No, yams!", and the customer would say "Cheese, please!" or something like that. And at the end of the book they tried guessing what a woman wanted, and she said "No, YOU!" and the shopkeeper and the woman ended up getting married, and the parrot married her parrot. LOL, so, if anyone knows/remembers this book from about 20-25 years ago, let me know!

GothyMama

Asked by GothyMama at 8:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I believe the book you are looking for is written by author Frank Asch and is titled "George's Store". It is a lovely story!
    Calooa

Answer by Calooa at 3:23 PM on Mar. 1, 2009