Does anybody remember the title of this children's book?

My brother, mom and I are trying to remember the name of a children's book that we really liked as kids. It was about a shopkeeper who had a parrot, and they would try to guess what all the customers wanted. The shopkeeper would say something like "Ham!", the parrot would say "No, yams!", and the customer would say "Cheese, please!" or something like that. And at the end of the book they tried guessing what a woman wanted, and she said "No, YOU!" and the shopkeeper and the woman ended up getting married, and the parrot married her parrot. LOL, so, if anyone knows/remembers this book from about 20-25 years ago, let me know!

GothyMama

Asked by GothyMama at 8:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is George's Store by Frank Asch. It is no longer in print. Are you looking to buy the book?
    KATMommie158

Answer by KATMommie158 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I don't know it but if no one else remembers either, try Loganberry Books. They have a "stump the bookseller" section. You can send in your question and he'll try to find an answer for you. Anyone who goes to the site can try to answer the questions too.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I found it for sale on a couple of websites online. My mom was looking for it more out of curiosity than anything, I think.
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 4:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2009