Is there anyone in the Dayton Ohio area that could point me to a daycare (s) that accept unvaccinated children?

Lunarprancer

Asked by Lunarprancer at 8:23 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try a google search.
    Anonymous

• Just curious why your child isnt vaccinated? They wont be able to go to school ever?
    Anonymous

• Well thanks, I always go right to google, not much luck :-)

She's not vaccinated because they are poison, check out think twice.org.... She will be able to attend school, Ohio has religious and philosophical exemption. Take care :-)
    Lunarprancer

Answer by Lunarprancer at 8:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I know that here in TX you can use the same waiver for child/day cares also. I am a in home daycare provider and they told us that we can accept the proper forms if parents choose to opt out of having their children vaccinated. I don't know if that applies in OH, but I thought I was tell you anyways just in case :)
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 8:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Oh, I see. I was born and raised in Ohio however I dont know much about any of that. Only the way it is in public schools. However I do vaccinate my children as I dont want them to come in contact with any deadly diseases. But evey mother has different beliefs.
    Anonymous

• Thanks, that actually helps... I'm looking at in-home too and wondered how it would go over there. I guess I worded the question wrong... we can use a waiver here, I'm just hoping to find somewhere that I'm not treated with contempt. How do you/would you feel or think about taking an unvaccinated child? Thanks again for responding :-)
    Lunarprancer

Answer by Lunarprancer at 9:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm definately for informed choice on the issue, and want only the best of health for all children. I hope you and your family are enjoying the weekend :-)
    Lunarprancer

Answer by Lunarprancer at 9:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Wow, you're a very gracious woman! I can definitely take a lesson from you! I have a hard time being as kind to people who criticize our decision not to vaccinate. I think I'd be arguing my reasoning with that woman for not vaccinating, and definitely for being so ignorant as to think that non-immunized children are unable to attend public schools. Way to be above the negativity!
    Good luck finding a daycare. I'm sure especially since you're seeking a home daycare that you shouldn't run into any problems.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• ive been wondering about the vaccines and how schools can decide not to take ur children if they arent vaccinated but the preschool my 2 oldest go to will not allow them to attend without vaccinations- how do u get this waiver ur talking about? hubby and i would really rather wait a bit longer for some of the vaccines but their schoold forces the issue before their dr even does- my son was excluded for not having his flu shot on time! but im in nj so i dont know if its dif here or not- but im glad to hear that u are voicing ur opinion! good job!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Thank you Michah's mom, I'm just old and too tired to fight :-) Proud of you for your decision, hang tough.

Lovelyli, each state has different laws, but all but two or three I think have religious and/or philosophical exemptions. Just google "vaccination exemption New Jersey" or you can look at www.thinktwice.org - they have state links. You are in charge and you have the power. Don't get me wrong, I'm intimidated as heck, but I know what I want and don't want for my daughter.
    Lunarprancer

Answer by Lunarprancer at 10:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2009