Does anybody remember the title of this children's book?

My brother, mom and I are trying to remember the name of a children's book that we really liked as kids. It was about a shopkeeper who had a parrot, and they would try to guess what all the customers wanted. The shopkeeper would say something like "Ham!", the parrot would say "No, yams!", and the customer would say "Cheese, please!" or something like that. And at the end of the book they tried guessing what a woman wanted, and she said "No, YOU!" and the shopkeeper and the woman ended up getting married, and the parrot married her parrot. LOL, so, if anyone knows/remembers this book from about 20-25 years ago, let me know!

GothyMama

Asked by GothyMama at 8:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thanks everyone I found it! For anyone interested, it's called George's Store and it's by Frank Asch. Thanks to Calooa for answering it on another section!
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 4:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i have never heard of it, but it sounds cute. i look forward to someone knowing what it is so i can look it up. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• was it A little golden book
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• try librarything.com

They are very friendly and helped me find a couple books. I googled but couldn't find anything.

Answer by Bmat at 9:29 PM on Feb. 28, 2009