so me and hubby has the stomach flu and our son (11 months) has been at hubbys parents all day and is staying the night and I feel like im losing my mind without him here :( I feel so guilty. I know thats what is best but have anyone else felt like this before?

The thing is he stays the night there or at my moms about once a month so this isn't out of the ordinary but i miss him soooooo much

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That just means that you are a great, loving parent. I find it very hard to leave my dd, especially for the night. I don't know how parents do it all the time.
    Feel better!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• thanks kboney :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• alot of times when we are ill, we are more emotional. I think you sound like a great mom and your emotions are just spiked cause you don't feel good.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 9:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I had to have my 4 year old stay at my mom's house for 2 nights when we had the flu. I felt guilty and missed her BUT in the end she was the only one that did not get the flu.
    You are being a good momma keeping him away and he probably is having tons of fun. Get better soon.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Would you feel more guilty if you kept him home, and then he got miserably sick? Yes? That's what I thought.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have had 2 surgeries since I had Alyssa, so I know exactly what you mean. I felt horrible that it was better for her to be somewhere else, but she came back in one piece, and was so happy to see her mommy. He will be home soon hun, you just focus on getting better so that you can give him a big hug and kiss when he comes! Oh and P.S. to help me sleep I took one of her favorite blankets to bed with me that night :) Just make sure you wash it before he comes home! Hope you feel better soon!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009