I'm watching "Weeds" for the first time. How realistic is this show to rich white America?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Entertainment

• I would say a lot of it is for entertainment. But I did grow up in an upper middle class environment and a lot of characters on the show do remind me of people I knew growing up. Only the first season though, things were not as crazy as the show gets...but it is one of my favorites.
    Spooka

Answer by Spooka at 1:45 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• OP here...this is NOT a joke or a fake question..I REALLY want to know. My husband and I are like, for real?
    Anonymous

• ok lol never heard of it
    Anonymous

• Never heard of it...

Rich America is not white exclusive.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 9:28 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• It is a show on Showtime. You'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Never said it was exclusive to white people.
    Anonymous

• I would say if it is a television show it is created for ratings and NOT indicative of the norm.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 9:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm watching "Weeds" for the first time. How realistic is this show to rich white America? Asked at 7:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 by: Anonymous Answered at 7:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 by: Anonymous

It is a show on Showtime. You'd have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Never said it was exclusive to white people.

Anonymous

• Do you mean the part where the soccer mom pays the rent by selling pot or the part were the rich guy next door is sleeping with teenage boys?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:59 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well thanks NotPanicking...I've only seen the first episode. But the best friend who is such a snob and so concerned about her daughters weight. And the mom selling weed and the guy next door as well.
    Some shows/movies are far fetched and others are closer to real life. Of course not for EVERYONE but for some. I'm curious.
    Anonymous

• Im sure SOMEWHERE people live like that.. but I dont think its in every rich neighborhood! lol.
    (ive never watched weeds but it looks interesting.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009