what should i do if my 12 yo dd is threatening to kill me,

I think my dd is bipolar. she has been very violent lately and is threatening to kill me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• call the cops if she is threatening you call them
    Anonymous

• take her to mental health and tell them everything. let them diagnose her and give her meds if needed good luck
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Get her into a doctor and therapist now! You never know what she is capable of and don't be afraid to call the cops on her. I know no one wants to do that to their child but sometimes that is what they need.
    Anonymous

• Most ER departments can also help get her the help she needs if it is late at night
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• if she wont go to the mental health dept then call the cops they will help you take her
    Anonymous

• Get him evaluated by his doctor! Maybe she just needs some medication. or maybe counseling or something. Sorry your going through that. I bet that is hard! GL
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 12:18 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• If it is after hours, take her to the ER. No joking. They usually have psychiatrists there or on call. They can get her the help she needs and keep you safe too. Why do you think she is bipolar? Has she been diagnosed before? Here is a good website on bipolar disorder, hope this info helps!

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/bipolar_disorder_symptoms_treatment.htm
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:00 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• my sister threaten to kill her teacher and was put in a second chance school but they also made her go to a psychiatris and they diagnosed her with bi-polar. but my sister was sexually abuse. but before u overact. why dont u sit her down and talk to her woman to woman. find out if there something bothering her. it could be she's having trouble in school and is taking it out on u, or it could be her time of the month. maybe she was sexually abuse and doesn't know how to handle her anger. or maybe she has an anger issue just ask her, then ask her if she think she needs help. ppl say things out of anger all the time and they dont mean it. but dont just give her the benedit of the doubt
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 9:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I agree with cuban fire, but I would also have her checked out by a doctor. Also, My DS started threatning people at school, and getting up in my face and getting physical with me, so I put him in the car and drove him down to the police station myself...It was hard because he cried and begged not to go all the way, but the police officer talked to him, let him know how serious things are and that even though he is only 10, he can still go to jail. he even took him and showed him the cell that he could possibly be in if he didnt stop threatning people and me. He let him know he looses all priviledges and that you can't have your parents, friends, games, toys or even privacy while in jail. The visit really helped and he has stopped threatning me and people in general. if anythng even sounds like a threat I remind him that that is the kind of thing that the police officer talked to him about and ask him if he wants to go...
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• to jail? He says no mama and stops the behavior. He is mildly autistic, but he understands a lot. But really, take her to the dr after talking to her and see what is going on. GL
    MomOf2Js2

Answer by MomOf2Js2 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 1, 2009