baby's movements are hurting me!

I am 29 weeks pregnant and my girl moves around almost constantly...I'm only 5 ft tall and so there isn't a lot of room for her in there. Her movements are starting to get pretty uncomfortable for me at times, like they will stop me dead in my tracks. I feel like she's trying to push her way out through my belly! Sometimes the feeling takes my breath away (literally)...does anyone else feel like this? I just can't believe that she's only like 3lbs right now - how much is it going to hurt when she's double that size???

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i remember when i was pregnant mine would be in my ribs and it hurt so bad i couldnt sleep nothing got them out and after i had them my ribs still hurt for months
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• When I was pregnant with number 2 she kicked so hard she woke hubby up, yeah that is how hard she kicked, she kicked him right in the back when he was sleeping on his side and woke him up, after that he had a greater appreciation for what I went through.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I have felt like this for the past few days now, it's awful. I'm glad she's active ,but it hurts! My hubby said that all night I toss & turn & moan from being so uncomfortable. I am 31 weeks & also cant imagine what it's going to be like in a few more weeks.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 9:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes, I feel your pain! I am only 5'2" so my babies don't have a lot of room either! The good news is I think the sharp jabbing kicks get less as the babies grows and has less room to move. But the bad news is you will still be uncomfortable! It just gets crowded in there!!
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one....My friend who is 27 weeks says she only feels movement a few times a day and it's really slight. I was starting to wonder if maybe mine was in distress or something! The worst is when she pushes out really hard right on my belly button and it feels like I'm going to pop! Plus, all this movement makes me have to pee CONSTANTLY!!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• when i was preg with mine i was kicking then when i was almost due every morning she would push out so bad where i could see her head or back it went on til the day i had her.. if she pushes out try either rubbing where she at or tickleing (rubbing really light) it helped with me once or twice i had to push on her a lil not real hard tho just a light push
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 10:17 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I went through the same thing with my son... I'm now 33wks, but when I was between 22-30 wks, it was so uncomfortable it was almost painful. I have a really short torso, so Weston doesn't have much room in there either. (looks like I'm smuggling a basketball under my shirt) Now that I'm 33wks, he's not only running out of room to stretch out in, but he's not able to wind up and throw such hard punches any more. So mine went from being painful to constricting him (for lack of a better term... restraining... etc) and it's gotten a little bit easier. Just remember you're well over half way there! I'm staring at my calendar daily... fearing the day! ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:47 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Sorry to break the news, but it's only going to get worse! I'm 38 wks. and my girl moves so much I can't sleep at night. Her big ol' head moves from side to side and I can feel everything. I'm only 5'3" and very petite and my girl seems to take up my entire freakin' stomach/body area. I so want this to be over! Just be glad she's moving a lot and is healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Mar. 1, 2009