is there something wrong with me

Ok so i am 29 weeks pregnant and last night my foot started twitching only for a few seconds so i didn't really think anything of it. But now tonight my bottom lip started twitching and it lasted a couple minutes. Should i be worried about it or am i just being completely paranoid about it. Does pregnancy sometimes cause twitching in different parts of your body

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Health

• i never had that happen. i always called my doctor about everything, but i would probably wait till morning unless it gets worse.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• My eye twitched the whole time I was pregnant with my second child. Not like 24\7 but for atleast a few seconds everyday. It stopped as soon as I gave birth, so it might be pregnancy related. I would still call the doctor.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Yes, it happens. As your womb grows, it pushes other organs to places they are not used to being. Nerves get pressure put on them. If it really bothers you to the point it's effecting your rest, call your doc.
    Anonymous

• My eye twitched during pregnancy and my legs absolutely CRAWLED. eeek!

Twitching of all sorts during pregnancy is believed to be caused be stress/tiredness (pregnancy + life stressors) as well as B vitamin and/or Calcium deficiency. My doctor also mentioned that a Potassium deficiency could be causing it. Get more rest, up your calcium, b vits and potassium intake (bananas!) and see if that helps. You can also have your doctor draw labs to see where you are deficient if at all. It is important to make sure your iron stores are up as well to combat fatigue and illness. Look in the mirror and pull your bottom eyelids down so you can see the pink flesh under your eyeballs. If the area is a brighter pink to a deep red, your iron stores are low. My blood work was fine when I was twitching except for my iron so it must have just been stress. You can take "Slow-fe" (OTC iron supp) twice per day on top of prenatal vits.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:23 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Try going to a chiropractor to help with your spine.
    trinity8697

Answer by trinity8697 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 1, 2009