should i be dilated at 26 weeks during pregnacy?

I was having pains the other day and i was told i was dialted the size of a finger at 26 weeks of pregnacy is this ok or????

Kaylee22006

Asked by Kaylee22006 at 10:01 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• what did your doc tell you? it doesn't mean anything at all. I guess it could, but just being a bit dilated isn't something to stress over... some women remain dilated for a while, and don't go into labor until term.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Well I had a friend who was 3 cm dialated and our doc put her on bed rest and steroids in case the baby came early. If your doc wasn't too worried then you're probably fine. If anything andvances he may choose to put you on bed rest as well.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:09 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i was 4 centimeters dilated when i walked into the hospital. i still had to be induced and 4.5 hours after that i had to have my water broken for me.

if your doctor told you that you were dilated, he would tell you if he was concerned about the safety of your baby. you are barely dilated. you could stay that way for a long time. don't worry. if you are still a little unsure. call him in the morning and double check with the doctor. if anything, they will help put your mind at ease.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• have you had other children? i heard sometimes that happens in like 3rd or 4th pregnancies
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:06 PM on Feb. 28, 2009