Is anyone in favor of getting their young babies ears piereced and......

against circumcision? There was a question about ear piercing....and really I don't think you can be for one and against the other. Both are very painful, however, the child will not remember when he/she is older. Both, however, also could be given to the child as a choice of what they prefer to do when they're older.

What do you think?

I just see a lot of circumcision questions on here and would like to see if people would put these in the same category or not? Maybe a stupid question...if so....don't answer....=)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I'm against both for the same reason...I don't think it's right to alter his body without his permission let alone putting them through the pain. I have no problem with what anyone else decides to do with their child but that's just my personal belief.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• my daughters ears are pierced and have been for a year shes 3 and i got my son circumcised when he was a baby im not against either i think girls should have their ears pierced and boys should be circumcised its healthier for the boys
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• the only difference I see, is that circumcision is forever and a piercing is not. But i chose to have my son circ'd and do not regret it.
    Anonymous

• My son is circumcised and I don't think I have a problem with little girls with pierced ears, but I don't think I'd do it either. If I have a daughter she can get them done when she asks me for it and I can use it as a reward or something...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I'm against both for the same reasons. My vanity does not warrant making a decision about their body.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 10:16 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• it is not healthier to be circumcised if u teach ur child to clean themselves
    Anonymous

• ear peircing can be forever. my ears have been pierced since i was 5 (i wanted them pierced dont get me wrong), but i rarely wear ear rings and my holes are still very well intact. so mine are permanent. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• If I have a son, I will definitely circumcise him and dh feels the same way. Dd is almost 8 months and we haven't gotten her ears done, but we want to. We are always so busy and I am very picky about who will do her ears and how. I want to get them done before her first birthday, so I better get on the ball.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I chose to wait until my daughter gets old enough to get her ears pierced, I had to wait when I was a little girl until I think 12 yrs of age. It was something special not just a "because you're a girl and it looks cute" thing. I also agree about getting a boy baby circumcised due to the cleanliness of it in general, I have one girl and one boy on the way, and although I don't want it to hurt him, I just know it'll be better for him in the long run but to each it's own...
    armywife4ever08

Answer by armywife4ever08 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I do not put them in the same category at all.

Circ removes a part of a boys penis FOREVER.

Ear piercing is a small hole that can grow up if she chooses she doesnt like it.
    But I dont like piercing for young girls but thats just me. I dont care if anyone else does it or not.
    Anonymous