How does lesbian love compare to the love between man and woman?

I'm just curious. I'm straight and always have been... can't change that nor do I want to. I've been with my husband for 3 years now and I can't count the number of times I've been blown away by his lack or sympathy or compassion. It really makes me miss having my mom around. I guess I tend to think females are just more understanding. I'm a pretty emotional person. Just the other day I started wondering what it'd be like to be in a relationship with a female. Do lesbian couples have all the same problems Do they still have the same passive / aggressive nature ? What's it like raising a child with another femail?Any lesbians here? Holla' back! I'd love to hear what your relationships are like. Any that have tried being with a man as well as a woman? What's the biggest difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I have no experience raising children with another woman, but I have had some relationships with women in the past (I am monogamous bisexual, and have been happily married to my husband for 8 years). In my experience, it's not that different. It's still two people with similarities and differences sharing life and time and space. There can still be issues of control and dominance, of insensitivity, and what not. It's different than being with a man, but it's not all roses and sunshine, either. It's hard work, like any other relationship.
    Anonymous

• LOL, I have no idea to answer the question for you but VERY interesting question. I will be watching for posts!
    Anonymous

• ... I wanted to add that there are times I miss being with a woman, because women relate and bond differently. But I also know that if I were committed to a woman instead of a man, there would be times I missed men, too. There are qualities men can offer that owmen can't, and vice-versa.
    Anonymous

• years ago, I had an awful relationship with a guy. I thought things would be better with a woman. I ended up in a 15 year relationship with a woman, had a child together. About a year or 2 into it, i realized how much I missed being with a man. But we had a child, so I committed myself to that child. I finally could not take it anymore. It felt like I was living with my sister. I had NO desire for sex with her at all and had fantasies about being with a man. Living with a woman is not that different from living with a man - it depends on the person. I left her 3 years ago and I will NEVER go back with women. I met a wonderful man and I'm soooo happy now. We've been together 2 years now and he is way more sensitive and compassionate than my ex. But as I said, it really is the person more than the gender. I totally enjoy the sex with him more than I ever did with a woman.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• What a great question, I have often wondered the same thing and will be watching for the responses.
    nannabart

Answer by nannabart at 1:53 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I ony ever been with one woman. Its screwed me all up! It was like taking a BBF, and and boyfriend in one. It was very emotionally intense and left me absolutely spent. I'm going throught a break up with a man now, and have thought about maybe finding another girl friend, but I'm not sure I could handle it again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Our poor men. Are we really that much work for them?!? Haha... I know I can be!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 1:48 PM on Mar. 1, 2009