How to make A House payment & needful Bills now?

My Daughter is 24. She has Children 1 & 3. With A Baby on the Way. She got cut at Walmart to 3 part time Days A week! Her DH is on a long time Lay off! Not Much money! Their Mortgage payment is $1100. per mo. Excluding Property Taxes & Home Owner's insurance! They were threatened to be sued if they didn't buy their home by the Sellers & Realators! Back in 'o5! She couldn't even leave the house to sign papers since she had A Preemie in the NICU & she was too ill to leave the house! A Long Sad Story! What can they do to survive? Me I have A not for pay job & my DH is on another long time Lay off if he has A job to go back to!? Life is very tough & bill are unmeetable! What can they do? We can't make ends meet ourselves! We are used to living on Nothing & all! But I so wish to help my Children when we really can't!! Any good Helpful ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Money & Work

• They could contact the lender, let them know the situation.. Try to find another job, McDonalds, anywhere.. I'm so sorry for your circumstances, wish I could offer more advice. GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:26 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Please contact NACA (www.NACA.com). They are a non-profit organization that will help you work with your mortgage companies to get your house payments lowered.

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I work from home you can check out my blog, its not necessarily a full time income but it will help. She can also get a another part time job adn honey I hate to say but Mcdonalds isnt experiencig any shortages. In my area every fast food restauraunt is hiring and while it may be a step down its better than a step in to bankrupcy. There are also lots of odd jobs you all can do. Put up flyers in higher income neighborhoods for cleanign and lawn care services and give a very competitive rate AND do a stellar job so you will be recommended to your clients friends. Even in a tough economy a little imagination will get you a long way. My husband and I live on one income with a special needs infant and we are actually doing BETTER after having our baby and racking up his expenses than we were doing prior to his borth. What changed? I was backed in to a financial corner so to speak and HAD to figure out a way to make it work. cont
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:16 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• please feel free to contact me for more ideas and resources
    humaniterian87

• I agree with humaniterian, any job is better than no job.. If your daughter and her hubby can both get jobs working opposite shifts, then it would be better temporarily so they do not have to put the kids into daycare either. Hubby could work a night shift 5 nights a week, and your daughter could work a day shift 5 days a week while hubby watches the kids. He would lose some sleep for a while, but you do what you have to do. Another option for them to look into (depending on age and health status) would be for him to join the military. It is an option. She would still have to work part time to afford to pay the bills, but it would be a steady income for him and they would be provided housing and medical. If you want more info, PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:30 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• Thats also a pretty high mortgage, if they can't work with the lender to lower payments selling or bankruptcy and walking away may be the only answers...They may have to rent for awhile to get back on their feet
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• not that they want to do this but i know people are doing it.. and i did it take in another people like a roommate or single mom... that way the bills arent as high... that can bring in another 500 a month.. or so.. i dont know its an idea.. its better then losing their house..
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 4:58 PM on Mar. 1, 2009