Does anyone use a playyard as a bassinet?

Which one is really good, some online say removable bassinet, some don't say that, that can't mean the whole play pen is only for a bassinet is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I bought a bassinet just because of the music it played and it vibrated. We rarely used our playyard and still don't, unless we have to put him down for a second. My son hates it! And if you do get one, I would recommend not getting one that comes with a changing table....it seems so unsturdy! We never put our son on there.
    Anonymous

• I have a pack and play that has a removable bassinette. It was okay. I didn't use it for my regular bassinette, just for travel or for diaper changes. It felt wobbly to me, and too shallow to be safe for a baby that cal roll and wriggle. But the basinette comes out and then it's just a regular pack and play, so that's great.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I had a bassinette in the bedroom and a pack n' play in the living room. I was just going to move the pack n' play between the rooms but it didn't fit through the doorway. My mom and step-mom both used a pack n'play at their houses. i do recommend that you spend the extra money to get a pack n play with a basinette that is hard. The ones my mom/stepmom had were soft and at first it wasn't bad, but as dd got older she didn't like it. I have a graco and never had any problems with dd sleeping in it until she was old enough to sit up/pull up on the sides.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• We had an Arms Reach Co-sleeper. It looks sort of like a pack and play but it's smaller and the bed is higher up. You put it right up against you bed. I liked it very much.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• we used out pack n' play's bassinette attachment with both of my DSs up until they were showing interest in sitting up. our bassinette attachment was deep enough that there was no way for them to just roll out of it.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 10:40 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I also bought the Arms Reach Co-sleeper. You can buy a small one or the larger one. We bought the large and I"m glad we did. We kept DS in that by our bed until he was 4 months old and then moved him to his crib. (should have done it sooner, but I loved having him by me). It's great if you're Breast Feeding, you can just plop the baby right into bed with you.

When they get bigger, it can just be a playpen. We loved it! We also have another playpen and have used that as a bed at Grandma's and the babysitters.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• hi i used a graco pac n play for my daughter and she sleeps in it more than her crib. it has an attachment that u can use for new babies and remove for a more standard playpen for older babes. my rose loves this thing and wont even sleep in the full size crib. i guess its just too much open space for her. lol

its also great because you can pack it up and go in a few quick sweeps and take it almost anywhere!! we used it at the pool, grandpas, and the park.
    allforthelove

Answer by allforthelove at 6:14 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• we have a graco pack and play that came with a bassinet part that can come off when the baby gets too big for that part, we were going to have to use it as a bassinet in our room until my hubby's cousin finally gave us the bassinet she had promised. At my MIL's she used the bassinet part of her pack and play till he got too big, and we used the bassinet part of ours when we took it to travel with.
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 4:39 AM on Mar. 3, 2009