baby clothes....

when should be the earliest to start shoppin for baby clothes? my friend really wants me to go with her, bc we are both pregnant, but idk if 4months is too early. any opinions?

LilMommy2Be703

Asked by LilMommy2Be703 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd wait until you know what you are having... other wise you might get the wrong gender clothes or end up with way too much mint green and yellow :)
    Anonymous

• I didn't shop until I filled out my gift registry.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• when i found out i was i waited till i was 3 months then went shoping
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• well you could pick up things that arent clothes like booties or blankets and i agree its WAY too early yet
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Why is 4 months too early? If you want to buy clothes, buy clothes. If you don't, then don't. It doesn't matter when you buy baby clothes.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:52 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Do you know what you are having? I think GO SHOP! Have fun! Just buy stuff that is small so you can get all your big stuff at the baby shower.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• generally they say to wait till you are through the first trimester because that is when you have the highest risk of miscarrage. but i would just shop if you want to. have fun. look for the deals. lol.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• After my baby shower there wasnt one thing I needed. JUST WAIT! At the shower I got so many clothes that there were tons that my son didnt even get to wear!!! Most of them I put on just for pictures. It was crazy. So just wait. save up some money incase there are some things you dont get then you can go buy them. Dont rush it!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• if you wanna shop then shop!! if you dont know what you're having, buy things in neutral colors. i couldnt wait to go baby shopping!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:08 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• I would wait till after your shower if you're going to have one. People will buy you clothes no matter what. I did buy some clothes around that time. I was able to get some killer deals on ebay, which I highly recommend btw. I mostly bought boring, cheap onesies that I know I"ll use, but why not buy just a few things?
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:33 AM on Mar. 1, 2009